Saturday, December 16, 2006

Carter Chickens Out Of Debate With Dershowitz

(AP) Former President Carter turned down a request to debate Alan Dershowitz about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, saying the outspoken Harvard law professor "knows nothing about the situation."

Carter, author of a new book advocating "peace not apartheid" in the region, said he will not visit Brandeis University to discuss the book because the university requested he debate Dershowitz.

"I don't want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz," Carter said in Friday's Boston Globe. "There is no need ... to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine."

Sounds like a lame, pathetic excuse to me.

Read more here.

4 comments:

Epaminondas said...

This is so perfect a story, words escape me

Pastorius said...

I can't believe Carter is so bald-faced. It's amazing. I have to wonder if now that he's getting older he's losing his sense of the way people see him.

Watcher said...

Not only that, I think he also completely lost his sense of reality.

Watcher said...

Epa, it also shows how insecure he feels about his book.