Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Like I Said, It Was Too Early For My Triumphalism

Oh well, I guess we're stuck with Obama for 4 more years.

Man, was I wrong.

From Ace:


Both Romney and Obama Camps Expect Romney to Carry Florida ... BUT


And I think we'll carry VA and NC, too.

Now, it's all going to come down to Ohio. 

Here's the problem: It's looking like the polls were reasonably correct. If the polls were reasonably correct, then Obama's got something like a 2% lead in Ohio. To overcome that, we'd need stronger-than-we-were-expecting numbers.

So, at this point, I don't think I'm letting out any secrets when I say we're not favored to win this.
It's still possible. I think the troika of FL, VA, and NC go our way. And then we see what's going on in Ohio.

9 comments:

Nicoenarg said...

This is f***in depressing! I need a drink.

Pastorius said...

It is depressing. I am wrong about this. And that I am wrong about this means I do not understand the American winds at all, at this point.

I knew Obama would win in 2008. I fully did not expect him to win this time.

Nicoenarg said...

By the way I don't understand how PA was called with only 7% votes in...ugh. Whatever! This sucks!

Pastorius said...

I don't either, Nico. I don't get any of this. It is beyond me.

But, it looks like the polls were right.

midnight rider said...

Not 7% of the votes, 7% of the precincts. And those precincts were the big ones in Philly and Pittsburgh. The rest don't have enough population to overcome those precincts. My understanding, anyway.

And yeah, this is fucking depressing.

midnight rider said...

And yeah, if Obama wins this, then I clearly don't understand how America is thinking at all.

IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Pastorius said...

I agree, Nico. It's what our country deserves.

Problem is, my self-esteem is not low enough for this shit.

But, as America is the best country to live in, now people who believe in Liberty and Self-Reliance are just fucked.

Nicoenarg said...

Yup that's the conversation I just had with a friend of mind who lives in Scotland. This election was important to all of us because of what America represents. But Obama getting reeled yes changes all of that.

Pastorius said...

We will soon be a Banana Republic.

We will be like Venezuela.