Storm Track Appeasement: The Fantasy & the Reality
The dhimmacrats live in a fantasy world looking for Islamophobes under every bed to the extent that Congressman John Conyers believes it’s necessary to pass legislation protecting Islam from intolerance.
Now, protecting religion form intolerance is a good idea. But why has Conyers singled out Islam for special attention?
Here’s the front part of text of the resolution.
- Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives condemning bigotry and religious intolerance, and recognizing that holy books of every religion should be treated with dignity and respect.
· Whereas believers of all religions, including the Abrahamic faiths of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, should be treated with respect and dignity;
· Whereas the word Islam comes from the Arabic root word meaning “peace” and “submission”;
· Whereas there are an estimated 7,000,000 Muslims in America, from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, forming an integral part of the social fabric of America;
· Whereas the Quran is the holy book for Muslims who recite passages from it in prayer and learn valuable lessons about peace, humanity and spirituality;
Whereas it should never be official policy of the United States Government to disparage the Quran, Islam, or any religion in any way, shape, or form;
· Whereas mistreatment of prisoners and disrespect toward the holy book of any religion is unacceptable and against civilized humanity;
· Whereas the infringement of an individual’s right to freedom of religion violates the Constitution and laws of the United States: Now, therefore, be it
Notice that no mention of protecting the Bible of the Torah. Why should Islam be mentioned so prominently in his resolution? And if the resolution becomes law, will he demand that those who put the crucifix in a jar or piss, who slur the image of Jesus in song and film, and who preach the death of Jews in US mosques prosecute to the full extent of the his new law?
And just how bad is the persecution of Muslims that they need such protection? Is is reality or Conyers’ fantasy?
With a hat tip to Soccer Dad
- The problem is that there is no reason to single out Islam as being especially deserving of respect and tolerance.
o For 2005 the FBI report on bias attacks indicates that 68.5 were anti-Jewish while only 11.1 were anti-Islamic. In other words, when it comes to bias attacks--Jews are far and away the group that is in greater danger and more in need of protection
o For 2004, the FBI report indicated that 67.8 were anti-Jewish and 12.7 showed anti-Islamic bias. This indicates that the trend shows that while anti-Jewish bias attacks were slightly up--anti-Islamic attacks actually went down.
o An investigation by Daniel Pipes of the anti-Islamic bias attacks reported by CAIR in 2004 showed "sloppiness, exaggeration, and distortion." Two of the claims were actually cases of arson by Moslem store owners themselves, using the story of anti-Islamic bias to cover what they had done. The American Thinker describes a third such case. Other reported attacks lacked evidence or were actually reported by CAIR twice. Further incidences of falsified accounts of Muslim hate crimes going back to 2003 can be found on Michelle Malkin's blog: Myth of the Muslim hate crime epidemic and More Muslim hate crime myths.
His partner in crime, Russ Feingold, buys into Conyers’ fantasy, too. ‘Islam Stands for Peace, Rejects Extremism’. While the reality is this. Azerbaijani Journalists Jailed For 'Insulting' Islam. Yep, the tolerance of Islam.
But that doesn’t stop him from seeking to block terrorist surveillance. From the Jawa Report.
· Russ Feingold (D-Cheesehead), writing in the loony leftist Huffington Post, says that intercepting calls to and from terrorists in the United States is bad, really bad. So says Feingold:
“There are a lot of bad bills that the Republicans may try to ram through, but here's the worst of the worst - a bill to legalize the President's warrantless wiretapping program. The White House is desperate to enact this bill, which allows the government to spy on American citizens, on American soil, without a warrant.”
The dhimmacrats should wake up and smell the reality.