Monday, July 14, 2008

Vijay Kumar For Congress - The Anti-Sharia Candidate


Thanks to Damien for providing me with the link to this Front Page Magazine interview with Vijay Kumar:


Frontpage Interview’s guest today is Vijay Kumar, an émigré from India who is seeking the Republican nomination in a Tennessee primary Congressional race set for August. He is running on an anti-Sharia platform. Visit his website at kumarforcongress.com.

FP: I would like to speak to you today about the anti-Sharia program you are running on. But first let’s begin with your background. Tell us about your life in India, your emigration to the United States, and how you came to your anti-Sharia views.

Kumar: I was born in Hyderabad, India, in 1954. I grew up there in India, in a conservative, middle-class family. I studied classics, political science, and philosophy. During the late 1970s, I was working in human resources for a European construction company, and that work took me to Iran.

From 1977 to 1979 I witnessed, firsthand, the radical transformation of Iran from a modern nation to a repressed, fundamentalist state and it left a lasting impression on me. I suppose you could say that my anti-Sharia views began there.

The American way of life and its values resonated strongly with me. I emigrated here in 1979 and have been living in the Bellevue area of Nashville for twenty years. I’ve been raising a family and managing my own insurance business, and during it all I’ve been interested in politics.

Right now, our country is dealing with issues – issues like illegal immigration, healthcare reform, the War on Terror – that will shape our politics for the rest of this century. Like many Americans, I’ve grown to feel that the politicians of this country are simply not accomplishing anything on these fronts.

FP: What has made you make an anti-Sharia platform the central tenet of your campaign?

Kumar: The main focus of my campaign is the War on Terror.



  • What so many politicians do not seem to realize is that our struggle is against more than just “terror.”

  • Terrorism is simply a method, not an end itself.

  • Terrorism is just one tactic being used by Islamic extremists in their effort to force their way of life on the rest of the world.

  • Ultimately, then, this is a struggle over whether the nations of this world will be ruled under Sharia law or not.


He's absolutely right. Go read the whole thing.

I pray this guy gets elected.

8 comments:

Damien said...

Pastorius,

I really hope he gets elected as well. Thanks for giving me credit for pointing out the article to you guys.

BabbaZee said...

GOD bless this cat

Pastorius said...

Damien,
Thanks for helping us out by giving us the link. That's a great story.

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Your welcome. I hope this means more people will see it, that otherwise would not have.

BabbaZee,

I'm glad you liked it as well.

If anyone here lives in Tennessee, you may want to consider voting for him.

Anonymous said...

promote the hell out of this guy!

any poll #s?

Damien said...

FEARLESS LEADER,

I agree, we should promote this guy, even if you happen to disagree with some of his other positions, there aren't that many candidates out there who are willing to publicly condemn Sharia or CAIR. That's why I am wondering if Vijay Kumar could turn out to be the American Geert Wilders. Unfortunately I don't live in Tennessee, so I can't vote for him. But we could encourage people who do live in that state to do so.

Damien said...

FEARLESS LEADER,

By the way, I have no idea where he is in the polls. If you want you could look into it. Still I hope he gets the nomination for the Republican part of Tennessee. He sounds like he would make a good congressman.

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

This fellow Kumer knows Jihad; the
Hindus have been their victims for 1400 years.

Read Qur'an: "...strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah, and your enemies."
Qur'an 8:60

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his Messenger...execution, or crucifixion, or cutting off the the hands and feet from opposite sides...etc - Qur'an 5:33

The S/H blog has dozens more in a debate between Mohamed Fadly and Sir Amillennialist; see "Memorial Parade" (post). reb
__________________________________