Did Erdogan Stage His Own Coup? Erdogan Seems to Be The Only Turkish "Refugee" the Germans Won't Take
After watching the news and assessing how things panned out: This may have been a staged coup by Erdogan himself.
1) Poorly executed coup.
2) They got control of communications, released statement via state TV and then without anyone fighting them for a while they lost control and went black. Makes no sense. The only sources releasing statements were pro Erdogan.
3) Erdogan was always out of harm's way. He was on vacation when the coup started. His hotel was bombed AFTER he left. Sure, "my house magically caught on fire a minute AFTER I insured it against fire damage."
4) Istanbul was overtaken by a handful of soldiers when that is the biggest city in Turkey.
5) Intelligence agency of Turkey seems to have been in full control of the communications from the start. They slowly released sound bites to guide the situation.
6) Erdogan lands in Istanbul, holds a press conference and then goes out and speaks to people using a megaphone. No hint of worry, no hint of beefed up security. Its as if he was holding a planned rally. etc
The only person who gains anything from it is Erdogan. Now he can use this to gain authoritarian powers in Turkey and establish Shariah once and for all and clean military of any and all secular folks (he already replaced the high command).
Still early and I could be wrong but I fear I am not and I fear Turkey is a completely lost cause.MORE