All of us, every single man, woman, and child on the face of the Earth were born with the same unalienable rights; to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, if the governments of the world can't get that through their thick skulls, then, regime change will be necessary.
Friday, July 31, 2026
John Coltrane, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers,
Jimmy Cobb, Stan Getz, Oscar Peterson
ON GREEN DOLPHIN STREET / WALKIN' / THE THEME / AUTUMN LEAVES (Kelly) - WHAT'S NEW? (Coltrane) - MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT (Stan Getz, tenor saxophone) / RIFFTIDE (HACKENSACK) Oscar Peterson, piano, replaces Kelly: Coltrane, Getz, Chambers, Cobb
I remember when I was a teenager, Coltrane was the only Sax player who made sense to me. Now, that I have an understand of more. of the history of Jazz, I realize how strange he is. And I am surprised that I dug him. He kind of doesn't. make sense, unless you expect every little idea to be taken in as many different directions as it can be in a short a period of time as it can be. I guess that must have been how my mind worked when I was a teenager. It still works like that, but frankly I have tired ot it. I have not tired of Coltrane, however.
2 comments:
I love On Green Dolphin Street.
I remember when I was a teenager, Coltrane was the only Sax player who made sense to me. Now, that I have an understand of more. of the history of Jazz, I realize how strange he is. And I am surprised that I dug him. He kind of doesn't. make sense, unless you expect every little idea to be taken in as many different directions as it can be in a short a period of time as it can be. I guess that must have been how my mind worked when I was a teenager. It still works like that, but frankly I have tired ot it. I have not tired of Coltrane, however.
Post a Comment