Saturday, August 09, 2008

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

I heard that a friend of a friend lost his sister, very suddenly, at the age of 31 tonight.

The more you love in this life, the more you stand to lose. In a way, when you lose a person you love and suffer through the pain, it is a badge of honor. It shows you are doing what God put you here to do; love one another.

That seems to be a pathetic condolence in a time of loss. And surely, everything seems to shrink in the face of death.

Except for words such as these:

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God ..."



6 comments:

BabbaZee said...

For Emily Wherever I May Find Her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRwNqybWog

Anonymous said...

Amen Pastorius......I too echo condolences that would be paltry, nay, even EMPTY, without the One Who has the power to bring about hope and comfort.

--Ma Sands

Pastorius said...

God is the ONLY way to deal with big problems. The trick is finding the faith to rely on him when things are fine, huh?

Jeez, I wish I could learn that one.

BabbaZee said...

foul weather friend

lol

that is most peoples problem

I think that the harder you have it life
the better you see him

I never really had fair weather

so I never was a foul weather friend of GOD

basically I ignored Him entirely until the turning point

and then He never left my mind or my heart

total devotion

from nothing.... to all

no grey on me

Anonymous said...

When you go home,please tell your friend of those of us who love him, and do not know him.

Pastorius said...

If that's directed at Babba, then yeah, Babba, do that for us.

But, if it was directed at me, I think you sound like you're on the right track.

Like the verse says, "Knock and the door shall be opened to you."

Sorry if what I say doesn't make sense.