Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lady Who Lived Under Hitler Asks If History Is Repeating Itself

Got an email from a friend yesterday with this attached. Since it's from a hometown paper I'll not mention who but she can certainly say so in comments if she likes. This is so worth your read on a Sunday morning.

She wrote:

She is now an American citizen but was born in Germany and lived through the Hitler years. She posted this with the title "Is History Repeating" The only thing she was worried about was that since English isn't her native tongue that perhaps her commas might be out of place. LOL...bless her heart.

from The Leaf Chronicle:

Is History Repeating?

After some thought, I ‘ve come to the conclusion: So what, if my name is added to the list of Right Wingers. I’m a right winger and proud of it! If what I write has some degree of impact to preventing the government’s take over of health care, I’m proud. If anything, I feel, somewhat, more qualified, than many, to write on the subject. For, as stated, previously, in my blog, I have lived through the hell which the United States is moving toward. It’s as though the same blue print is being used.

Back in the 30s, it started when a young man with a silver tongue promised the population any and everything, during a period when the country was experiencing very difficult economic conditions, as well as down grading by the international community.

To justify the hardships of the country and his initial difficulties in correcting them, the Communists and Jews were made the official scape goats. Yes, for every sit-in protest, for every march down a main street, for every publication denouncing his ideas and goals, the Communist and Jews were the instigators.

After obtaining himself, through legal means, as the undisputed leader, a rapid move was made toward dictatorship. With this undisputed authority, he used his Brown Shirt police force to fight against the various types of protest with arrest, beating, and killings. And as his power solidified, he outlawed all political parties, elimination any requirement for control of elections.

The final steps and ones that insured complete compliance for his policies were, in part, the establishment of a special police force (Gestapo/SS) both of which had immunity from prosecution for any acts that were for the good of the LEADERSHIP OF THE GOVERNMENT. Senior government officials had such authority that their unlawful actions were not subject to appeal. The Supreme Court was reduced to nothing–subordinate to all government officials/offices/police.

Within a short period, conditions of daily life became so sensitive that the ordinary citizens were afraid to speak their mind. Rewards were offered to informers. As a result, relatives were informing on relatives and neighbors were informing on neighbors. It got to the point citizens were either for the regime or against the regime; there was no in between. My parents started to speak in Esperanto thus my brother and I could not understand what they were talking about.
Are the Left Wingers of our current government trying to equate the Right Wing Extremist of 2009 to the Communist and Jews of the 30s and early 40s? More importantly, when will the current government’s version of the Brown Shirt thugs start visiting the town hall meetings, to beat, harass, and even arrest citizens in attendance, based on fake charges? I just got the end of a discussion on Cavuto were a black gentleman was beaten up. I believe it was in Florida. Who did this?

When arrested, will I, like the cast on SURVIVOR, be allowed to take one item with me? Not that it really matters, for at my age, under the new health care system, my days will be numbered. I can't believe what is going on. Is the intend to turn people against people to start a civil war? I hope the history lesson is well received because as I see it history is repeating itself.

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

The interesting thing about the SEIU thugs is they are thugs, they did beat up that black man, and they also beat up a few other people. I hear they, at one point, pinned an old lady against a wall to intimidate her.

However, while they are thugs, sent to intimidate the scapegoated "right-wing extremists" into silence, they are not quite the equivalent of the brown-shirts. The brown-shirts were quite literally Hitler's militia.

The Union thugs, on the other hand, are the Left's militia. They are not directly answerable to Obama, though, as I understand it, the White House was instrumental in calling for the unions to make their presence known at the Town Hall meetings.

Is this indirect request the equivalent of a mob boss saying something like, "Take care of Paulie for me, will ya?"

I think it is. That's my opinion.

Obama is smart. He knows how to make sure that things get done without those things being traced back to him.

Note that he doesn't get involved in the Legislation either. He speaks, and others do his bidding. In this way, he believes he can lay the blame for any mistakes, at the feet of Congress.

The tactical mistake he is making is by pushing through this massive bill against the will of the people, he is setting his allies in Congress up for defeat in 2010.

At that point, it will be a battle of scapegoating WITHIN THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

And, believe me, it's a lot easier to scapegoat one person, than it is to scapegoat 535 people.

Obama is setting himself up for a massive defeat. Congress will be very angry at him. It would not be surprising if he leaves office in shame.

I hoped Obama would be elected President because I thought it would bring some moral clarity to our political dialogue. I think this is what we are witnessing. There is a groundswell movement of common citizens challenging their Congressman on Constitutional issues.

Just as I hoped Obama would win, I also hope Obama gets this thing pushed through, because it will destroy him. And, the destruction will strike fear into the heart of the Moderates in the Democratic Party, which will result in them finally taking their party back from the Leftists who have controlled it since 9/11.

You know, I am a lifelong registered Democrat. I only stopped voting Democrat because my party left me, not because my ideas have changed that much.

At this point, I am so disgusted with the Democratic Party that I can't imagine ever trusting them again.

I'm also disgusted with the Republican Party. Nominating John McCain for their candidate in 2008 just goes to prove how out of touch the Party leadership is. And, the ensuing leaks on Palin (stabbing her in the back) only proves that further.

There is a possibility that we are seeing a mitosis right now within the Republican Party, which might result in a new Constitution-based party called "The Tea Party."

Anonymous said...

This old lady is flagged and now Hussein's intelligence is on her!