Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This just in, 'Kerry blows', DEM CONGRESSMAN

What's unclear is if Kerry's comments will help rally Republican voters or help their party portray Democrats as against the troops to score victories next Tuesday. A Democratic congressman told ABC News Tuesday, "I guess Kerry wasn't content blowing 2004, now he wants to blow 2006, too."

It's pretty funny....

"Thanks to the Internet, all life is on the record now," observed Jeff Jarvis, a journalism professor at the City University of New York. "Everything a politician says and does is public and the world can see in a second. … that's life now."

The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

"As a constituent of Senator Kerry's I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged," said National Commander Paul A. Morin. "A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn't true then and his warped view of today's heroes isn't true now."

BOSTON -- The mother of a local Marine who was killed in Iraq spoke out Tuesday about the comments that Sen. John Kerry made about U.S. troops and education.

NewsCenter 5's Jim Boyd reported Tuesday that while talking to a group of students in California, Kerry urged them to study hard or else they can "get stuck in Iraq."

"I am very disturbed. I am very insulted and very sad that he doesn't understand how highly educated and well trained our military men and women are," said Debra Booth, whose son was killed in Iraq.


UNIMAGINABLE JUDGMENT

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

Kerry really would have been something else as President of the United States, huh?

Watcher said...

Check out the backlash:

Surprise gift - a good article from BBC. And from there - a link to military blogs.

Bastard Kerry is lucky these guys can't get their hands on him.

Demosthenes said...

I have a story that is barely relevant but I wish to share it. I was talking to a moonbat friend today, and he was telling me how Abu Ghraib is what he would expect since everyone who joins the military was a bully in high school. I started laughing in the middle of the harangue. He wanted to know why. I told him I was glad that there were mean people in the military. A military composed of pussies like me would useless.

Later in the conversation, he said that Iran getting nukes is the issue that concerns him most. I asked him how he could sit around condemning the US military if he was worried about Iran nukes. He was uncharacteristically silent. I think I may have got through.

Kiddo said...

Do you think if I got my hands on Kerry for this I could make his head any uglier? OK, didn't think so. But I am VERY angry. I'm glad he's being thrown to the wolves. What nerve!!

Pastorius said...

Demosthenes, you go, my friend. That's a great story.