Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weather Report

A new Joe Zawinul album is due out next week (although I believe it had been available previous as an import). 75 is a live concert recording with his Zawinul Syndicate recorded on his 75th birthday, 2 months before he died.
Joe with Weather Report and other bands like John McLaughlin & The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Chick Corea and Return to Forever, Miles Davis and the Bitches Brew Album changed the face of Jazz forever.
I plan on having some new music next Tuesday.
Weather Report
Black Market

7 comments:

Pastorius said...

And, of course, there is the man himself, Jaco Pastorius on bass.

midnight rider said...

Who? :)

midnight rider said...

There's also 1 new live recording in Hungary on this where he's joined by Wayne Shorter

Pastorius said...

Is that album a recording of the Big Band arrangements Zawinul did of his Weather Report music?

Anonymous said...

Zawinul is one of my favorites. I loved Weather Report as a teenager and had a number of their albums. Cool that your namesake is playing! Now I am gonna go and rustle us up some Phil Woods....

Pastorius said...

Phil Woods is an incredible player.

midnight rider said...

Pop to the front page, there is video of the birthday concert all over YouTube. I just put up Orient Express.

(to answer your question directly, Pasto, no, I don't believe they are).