Wednesday, May 05, 2010

TIMES SQUARE BOMBER, SHAHZAD, LIED WHEN HE TOOK THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP

WHAT HE DID, AS A CITIZEN, IS CALLED TREASON!
Yes, that's right, when a citizen makes war on his own country, it is called Treason.
From the Astute Bloggers:
THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP:

The following United States Oath of Citizenship must be taken by all immigrants who wish to become naturalized citizens of the United States:

I hereby declare, on oath,

  • that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

  • that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

  • that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

  • that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law;

  • that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

  • that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law;

  • and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

In acknowledgement whereof I have hereunto affixed my signature.

OBVIOUSLY, SHAHZAD VIOLATED THIS OATH.

I THINK HIS CITIZENSHIP SHOULD BE REVOKED.

AND ANOTHER THING: HE LEFT FOR TERROR TRAINING WITHIN MONTHS OF TAKING THIS OATH.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

See something? SAY SOMETHING!!

Fer heavens sakes, these numbskulls want their 15 minutes of fame AFTER the incident.

Shahzad's neighbours always had mixed views about him
". . .But Dashawn Labelle,a neighbour in Bridgeport, said: "He would be carrying in boxes in the middle of the night. He sometimes wore traditional Islamic robes. He always looked on edge. We knew something weird was going on.". . ."I thought he might be connected to terrorism - a lot of us did, because he acted strangely. But we didn't call police. We should have called,"
and
". . .You could sort of tell he was hiding something," said Lorenzo Patel, 32.

"He had family, but it's like he was going places alone and keeping odd hours, not like a father should. That house gave me a bad feeling," Patel added."


Duh . .ya think?!

abdooss said...

So, death sentence for him.

But wait. Others will say, No, that will make him a Martyr..

Anonymous said...

"ThatI I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen"

Pastorius said...

Unfortunately treason is no longer punishable by death.

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Who on Earth is Shahzad? I never heard of him, so obliviously I don't know what he did. I can and should look him up, but you might want to mention who he is and what he did, here for other people who don't know. You might want to let them know why we're talking about him in the first place and how specifically he violated that oath.

Total said...

"Unfortunately treason is no longer punishable by death."

Traitors can still be sentenced to death.

Pastorius said...

Total,
That's good to know.

Pastorius said...

Damien,
Shazad is the Times Square Bomber, but your point is well-taken.

Many people only know him as "the Times Square Bomber."

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Thanks for letting me know that, and you're right, his actions were treason.