Friday, July 19, 2019

"SEND HER BACK": Rush Limbaugh On Trump's "Disavowal"

Wahhhcist
...I'm fed up with it! I'm frustrated beyond my ability to deal with it. I hate the defensiveness. We're never gonna get - - If a rally happens and the chant breaks out "Send her back, send her back," and if panic ensues, the panic ensues because the people panicking obviously believe that means it can be proven that we're racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes. So we wish they would shut up. So knowing we can't make 'em shut up, we try to distance ourselves. (impression) "Well, I certainly don't agree with that chant. I think that chant - - 
"I think that's very unfortunate, uh, really, really sad. Uh, we don't need language like that in our, uh, politics." What a crock! It's ultimately harmless. So much of who we are is harmless and good-natured and in good fun, and it gets tarred and feathered as racism, sexism, bigotry, and all of this. And now we have to end up being defensive and make sure that we say (impression), "I don't support it. I'm not an advocate of that. I'm very sad that it happened," blah, blah, blah. "Well, Rush, you know it's true! A chant like that, the media's gonna do this." I know the media's gonna do it. Why do we have to play planning on and act like we're guilty?... 
...We never learn this. Trump, somebody, whoever got to him, 
"Mr. President, you need to go out there, disavow." 
No, because it's never enough. 
Now Joe Biden's out saying Trump didn't go far enough. He needs to now denounce the KKK, he needs to denounce the white supremacists in his audience, in his voter base. (imitating Biden) "Mr. President, condemn, outright condemn those folks who came out of those fields, outright condemn the Ku Klux Klan, condemn the white supremacists, let me hear you say "I condemn them." It's never enough! 
Besides that, you know how unnecessary this all was? I don't see how Trump hurt himself! It's The Squad people who are polling, like we told you, Ilhan Omar, 8% support among swing voters, independents. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 28% support among swing voters. Donald Trump is not perceived as the problem here. Donald Trump's supporters are not perceived as the problem here. 
They're the ones making racist statements about their own party members! Trump didn't say anything. When was the last time a Democrat politician was forced to disavow something anybody in their audience ever said or somebody in their voter base? Never!...

No comments: