Friday, April 20, 2012

Obama Showing Signs Of Desperation?

First, a brief apology for my recent absence from IBA.

The mother of one of my students lost her battle with cancer on Saturday, April 14. In my forty years of teaching, I've never lost a parent of one of my students to death. What has made this experience particularly difficult for me is that (1) I've been mentoring this student for nearly three years, (2) this student lost her father to a brain aneurysm followed by a staph infection six years ago, (3) and I counted the lady who just passed as a friend on several different levels.

----------------

Now, on to the point of this post.

This essay by Victor Davis Hanson caught my eye today. Brief excerpt from the concluding paragraphs of "The Obama Administration Looks To Be Close To A Breakdown":
The effect of all these unnecessary missteps was to make the Obama administration appear inept — at precisely the time Republicans were unifying around Romney and ending their long, suicidal primary fights. Some polls even showed Romney suddenly ahead in the presidential race.

So why is the president rashly picking these stupid fights? Apparently his team wishes to divert attention from generally bleak economic news....

[...]

These perfect storms often either destroy presidents or turn them into unpopular lame ducks....
Read the entire essay HERE.

Now, if only those who oppose Obama's re-election don't spout off in an off-putting manner and thereby lose the Independents' votes.

No comments: