Sunday, November 24, 2013

Al Sharpton Recognizes Racist Aspect of Knockout Attacks, Condemns Them In Strong Terms


Awesome! Glad to hear it.

From the New York Post:
Rev. Al Sharpton condemned “knockout” attacks Saturday but stopped short of calling for marches against the brutal hate crimes. 
“This kind of behavior is deplorable and must be condemned by all us,” he said at his weekly National Action Network meeting in Harlem. 
“We would not be silent if it was the other way around. We cannot be silent or in any way reluctant to confront it when it is coming from our own community.” 
On Monday, Sharpton and other leaders plan to discuss a “next move.” 
“Kids are randomly knocking out people [from] another race — some specifically going at Jewish people,” he said. 
“This kind of insane thuggery — there is nothing cute about that. There is no game play about knocking somebody out, and it is not a game. It is an assault and is bias, and it is wrong.”

8 comments:

Epaminondas said...

Maybe Oprah won't require him to die out now. He has a long way to travel with me, however, to demonstrate by DOING, not talking, that he is not a racist

Christine said...

He's getting old. Maybe God is working on his brain.

But then again...

Anyways, I'm glad he said this. Unfortunately, it will take people like him, saying things like this, to MAYBE get these thugs to stop.

This subject has affected my life. It makes me sick that things have gotten like this.

It wasn't suppose to get worse here.

Pastorius said...

I agree, Epa.

But this is a good step. I certainly can not condemn anything he said.

Pastorius said...

I do think it would have been good if he had used the word "racism" rather than "bias." But that's my quibbling. TO me that is not minor, but to many others it would be perceived as minor.

Pastorius said...

Christine, when you say you have been personally affected by this, do you mean you know someone who has been the victim of a knockout attack?

Anonymous said...

I believe the USA had a chance. After the murder of Dr. King the leadership of the civil rights movement and, de facto, Black America was open. That it fell to Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama sealed our fate. Had Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, and such been the vanguard our destiny would have been much better. We have failed. The long, long night is beginning.

Frankly, I hope I do not live much longer.

Christine said...

No, I don't know anyone who has become a victim yet.

But after what happened in Milwaukee on that 4th of July a couple of years, black mob attacks have become sadly normal there.

I ended up leaving Milwaukee because of the racism and the high potential of becoming a victim myself.

Pastorius said...

Please, you need to write about this.