Thursday, June 28, 2018

Rasmussen: 31% Think that Civil War is Coming "Soon;" 59% Fear Violence from Those Opposed to Trump


Personally, I definitely fear violence. I live in California, and I refrain from expressing my opinion almost all the time, because I fear physical retaliation to my verbal expressions.

From Ace:
Most voters fear that political violence is coming from opponents of the president's policies, just as they did in the second year of Barack Obama's presidency, and nearly one-in-three think a civil war is next. 
Thirty-one percent (31%) of Likely U.S. Voters say it's likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years, with 11% who say it's Very Likely. 
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 59% consider a second civil war unlikely, but that includes only 29% who say it's Not At All Likely. (To see survey question wording, click here.) 
Democrats (37%) are more fearful than Republicans (32%) and voters not affiliated with either major party (26%) that a second civil war is at hand. 
But 59% of all voters are concerned that those opposed to President Trump's policies will resort to violence, with 33% who are Very Concerned. 
This compares to 53% and 28% respectively in the spring of Obama’s second year in office. 
Thirty-seven percent (37%) don’t share that concern, including 16% who are Not At All Concerned. 
Fifty-three percent (53%) are concerned that those critical of the media’s coverage of Trump will resort to violence, with 24% who are Very Concerned. 
Forty-two percent (42%) are not concerned about violence from media opponents, including 17% who are Not At All Concerned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait till the nomination of this next judge. If that doesn't drive Leftists over the edge, the reelection of PDT
DEFINITELY will. The funny thing is,
liberals MAY plant some bombs, etc, but like the black agitators in Baltimore,
Ferguson, etc, they KNOW damn well not
to try to take it to white areas of town.
During the L.A. riots, the rioters were stopped cold when they hit Koreatown.

Always On Watch said...

Personally, I definitely fear violence. I live in California, and I refrain from expressing my opinion almost all the time, because I fear physical retaliation to my verbal expressions.

Somewhat true for me in Northern Virginia -- unless I'm in the company of a friend who is packing.