Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Birx Admits -- Boasts, Actually -- That She Lied the Country Into Endless Lockdowns

 

Recall that it was she who was tasked -- by Anthony Fauci -- with doing the really crucial thing of talking Donald Trump into green-lighting the lockdowns that began on March 12, 2020, and continued to their final hard-core deployment on March 16. This was the "15 Days to Flatten the Curve" that turned into two years in many parts of the country.
Her book admits that it was a two-level lie from the beginning.
"We had to make these palatable to the administration by avoiding the obvious appearance of a full Italian lockdown," she writes. "At the same time, we needed the measures to be effective at slowing the spread, which meant matching as closely as possible what Italy had done--a tall order. We were playing a game of chess in which the success of each move was predicated on the one before it."
Further:
"At this point, I wasn't about to use the words lockdown or shutdown. If I had uttered either of those in early March, after being at the White House only one week, the political, nonmedical members of the task force would have dismissed me as too alarmist, too doom-and-gloom, too reliant on feelings and not facts. They would have campaigned to lock me down and shut me up."
In other words, she wanted to go full CCP just like Italy but didn't want to say that. Crucially, she knew for sure that two weeks was not the real plan. "I left the rest unstated: that this was just a starting point."
"No sooner had we convinced the Trump administration to implement our version of a two-week shutdown than I was trying to figure out how to extend it," she admits.
"Fifteen Days to Slow the Spread was a start, but I knew it would be just that. I didn't have the numbers in front of me yet to make the case for extending it longer, but I had two weeks to get them. However hard it had been to get the fifteen-day shutdown approved, getting another one would be more difficult by many orders of magnitude. In the meantime, I waited for the blowback, for someone from the economic team to call me to the principal's office or confront me at a task force meeting. None of this happened."

GO READ THE WHOLE THING

No comments: