Friday, January 27, 2023

BBC: Dad’s warning after girl, 14, dies from inhaling deodorant

BBC: Dad’s warning after girl, 14, dies from inhaling deodorant

The parents of a girl who died after inhaling aerosol deodorant want clearer product labelling to warn people of the potential dangers.

Giorgia Green, who was 14 and from Derby, had a cardiac arrest after spraying the deodorant in her bedroom.

Her parents have since become aware of other young people who accidentally died after inhaling deodorant.

In response, the British Aerosol Manufacturers’ Association (BAMA) said deodorants have “very clear warnings”.

By law, aerosol deodorants must be printed with the warning “keep out of reach of children”.

However, Giorgia’s parents said the writing was small.

They believe many parents buy deodorant for their children without noticing the warning.

“People don’t know how dangerous the contents of those tins can be,” said her father Paul.

When a 14 year old girl dies suddenly, it's hard to blame it on a lack of heart medication, or on not having kept up on her Doctor's visits during the pandemic.

Inhaling deodorants?

Nice try. 


Anonymous said...

If she was huffing - spraying it into a paper bag as she inhaled it - yes, it can cause medical problems.

But if just spraying using an open space? London has greater problem with air particles on their streets. smile

Pastorius said...

Do people huff deodorant?