Thursday, January 26, 2023

 Been a long time since I posted a nooner...

Blues Traveler and the incomparable John Popper


Oh, once upon a midnight eerieI woke with something in my headI couldn't escape the memoryOf a phone call and of what you said
Like a game show contestant with a parting giftI could not believe my eyesWhen I saw through the thoughts of a trusted friendWho needs to humor me and tell me lies, yeah humor me and tell me lies
And I'll lie too and say I don't mindAnd as we seek so shall we findAnd when you're feeling open I'll still be hereBut not without a certain degree of fearWell, what will be with you and meI still can see things hopefully
But youWhy you wanna give me a run-around?Is it a sure-fire way to speed things up?When all it does is slow me down
Shake me and my confidenceAbout a great many thingsBut I've been there I can see it cowerLike a nervous magician waiting in the wings
Of a bad play where the heroes are rightAnd nobody thinks or expects too muchAnd Hollywood's calling for the movie rightsSinging "Hey babe, let's keep in touch", hey baby, let's keep in touch
But I want more than a touch I want you to reach meAnd show me all the things no one else can seeSo what you feel becomes mine as wellAnd soon if we're lucky we'd be unable to tellWhat's yours and mine, the fishing's fineAnd it doesn't have to rhyme, so don't you feed me a line
But youWhy you wanna give me a run-around?Is it a sure-fire way to speed things up?When all it does is slow me down
Tra la la la la bombardier, this is the pilot speakingI've got some news for youIt seems my ship still stands no matter what you dropAnd there ain't a whole lot that you can do
Oh sure the banner may be torn and the wind's gotten colderPerhaps I've grown a little cynicalBut I know no matter what the waitress bringsI shall drink it and always be full, yeah I will drink it and always be full
Oh I like coffee and I like teaI'd like to be able to enter a final pleaI still got this dream that you just can't shakeI love you to the point you can no longer takeWell all right okay, so be that wayI hope and pray that there's something left to say
But youWhy you wanna give me a run-around?Is it a sure-fire way to speed things upWhen all it does is slow me down?
Oh youWhy you wanna give me a run-around?Is it a sure-fire way to speed things upWhen all it does is slow me down?

No comments: