Thursday, June 21, 2007

An Open and Shut Case

Cross Posted from Global Defense Group

'An Open Mind'

Liberal progressives often refer to conservatives as 'closed-minded neocons', or worse.

But that's a double-edged sword...


H/T USA Partisan



This video is based upon a blog I wrote last year, when Global Defense Group was still a MySpace group. The blog was well received at the time, so I thought it would make a good subject for a video.
This is the first video GDG has made featuring a vocal track by your's truly, your humble administrator.
I poked around the site and lucked upon the blog in question.

Stop Telling Me To Keep An Open Mind!
Written by Kafir
Monday, 20 November 2006

[Cross post]

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about the the people who want to kill me, kill my family and destroy my entire culture.

I am not interested in keeping an open mind about a religion that openly declares our only options are conversion to Islam, subjugation by Islam, or death at the hand of Islam.

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about the partisans in our government, who are more interested in regaining power by undermining the current administration, than focusing their hatred on the enemies of the American people.

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about the members of our media who seem determined to dispirit the American people, undermine confidence in our leadership and offer aid and comfort to the enemy through their blatantly biased (and often factually incorrect) reporting...

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about teachers who preach anti-American sentiments to captive student audiences, and who publicly ostracize any student who does not pander to their leftist agenda.

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about people who find moral equivalence between what our nation is doing in Iraq, and the actions of those who behead people, blow up children with suicide belts and target civilian populations with airliners.

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about people who are too intellectually lazy to learn a little history, but instead prefer to regurgitate the latest news sound-bites, wholly undigested and with absolutely no concept of historical context.

I am not interested in keeping an "open mind" about my fellow citizens who believe we are not at war, that our government is the true enemy, and that this is all some complex conspiracy to reduce our freedoms, and ultimately increase control over the American people.

I am not even slightly interested in keeping an "open mind" about the people who consider Hamas and Hizbollah legitimate political entities, and find moral equivalence between their actions, and the actions taken by the Israelis in self-defense.

Keeping an "open mind" is great in theory, but sometimes it's just an excuse to not take sides, or not own up to the side you have already chosen.
An open mind is a wonderful thing to have... but so are convictions.

Sometimes in life, you have to pick sides and make a stand.


Thank you Kafir...thank you sir.

[Note to all: I am having trouble becoming accustomed to Blogger. I realize the font is quite small. Please bear with me.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for re-posting this.

Kafir
Administrator, Global Defense Group

Anonymous said...

Kafir

You are quite welcome. My pleasure.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.