Tuesday, March 27, 2012

George Zimmerman vs. Trayvon Martin: Media Bias

The first day I watched the coverage of this shooting, I said to myself, "ah, some crazy moron killed a kid because he was paranoid and racist." My opinion was formed not because I knew the facts, but because the first thing I saw was the following image:


I mean, look at that image. The "kid" (Trayvon) is so innocent whereas the "criminal" on the right (Zimmerman) looks like he just got out of prison, got hold of a gun and shot the first black walking thing he set his eyes on. You know, from the above image, that the white dude here just killed the black kid out of pure evil and nothing else.

Well, my opinion wasn't that strong but like I said, I didn't give it much thought and forgot about it as "another racial murder". It happens all the time, all over the world. Nothing to get my panties in a twist over something like this. Little did I know at the time that the black and leftist/liberal community in America had already gotten their panties in a pretty tight twist.

So I started paying a little bit more attention to what happened. I was getting my information from "news" channels like CNN. And this whole time, that image was being displayed.

You know, as they say, an image is worth a thousand words. I didn't doubt, against my instincts, whatever CNN was saying because the image above had already formed my opinion that Zimmerman should not only be arrested but also hanged.

It was at this time that my wife helped me get some common sense into me (I am lucky to have an intelligent woman by my side). She had gotten a hold of the transcript of the 911 tapes and so we sat down and started reading through them.

One of the first things I noticed was that Zimmerman only said, "he looks black" after the person on the phone asked him whether the guy he was looking at was "white, black or hispanic". So, that was in no way "racist" for Zimmerman to have to say "he looks black" in response to the question.

Another thing was that Zimmerman said that they had had a bunch of robberies in their neighborhood and that "they (the robbers) always get away". There were other "details" too that CNN "failed" to mention. Like, Zimmerman being hurt!

On top of that, CNN, at one point (I am referring to CNN international, the coverage might have been different in the US), played the tapes like this: "He's up to no good. He looks black. They always get away!" Yeah, if I was listening to that while looking at the image above, how could I come to any other conclusion but that Zimmerman was racist? In fact, forget the image right now. The words above alone sound like Zimmerman is racist and nothing else.

Anyway, since then I have done a lot more research and it is starting to look like Zimmerman's story holds up better under scrutiny and that Trayvon was not the innocent baby that he has been portrayed as.

There are a lot of rumors out there including ones about how Trayvon was a small time drug-dealer. These rumors are not backed by facts at all but there is one fact that media outlets tend to overlook and that is that Trayvon was suspended from school for 10 days for possession of an empty marijuana bag.

Again, that DOES NOT mean Trayvon deserved to die. We need to see more facts come out before we make up our minds but it also does not mean that Trayvon was the most innocent black kid who was gunned down by the KKK.

Just like Zimmerman is being scrutinized, Trayvon's record needs to be looked at too.

I am sure the people would have taken this case differently and more sanely if the media had chosen a more recent photo of Trayvon like this:


And a more neutral photo of Zimmerman, like this:


See? It sort of changes your perspective.

Anyway, these last two images are just to show how biased the media has been. "Journalism" is a freakin' joke these days.

To be fair to Trayvon, I will add the following, more neutral, image of his:



We should all hold off on making opinions about the character of these people until more facts surface. As far as Zimmerman being free though, he should be free because, so far, nothing has come out to counter that he acted in self-defense. Innocent until proven guilty!

Whatever the facts now, because of the picture that has been painted of Zimmerman, I don't think he can have a regular, peaceful life after this.

By the way, I don't see much of a difference between the barbaric way the Black Panthers, Al Sharpton, Jackson and the lot have reacted and the way Muslims react to things. No wonder they are usually in bed with Muslims.

16 comments:

Alexander Münch said...


Halo AA!

Long time no see and no hear!
How is life?

=======

BTW - The "whitie"... looks to me more like a "Shko-Vanil" type...

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex,

Well, I was sort of keeping a low profile because the UAE authorities started cracking down on political bloggers.

Now I am in a, more or less, freer country so I can start blogging once again.

Pastorius said...

Great post, AA.

If Zimmerman was following Travon then he deserved to be beat up.

What man would want another man following him around in a dark neighborhood. If a man was doing this to me, I would do what I could to confirm that he was following me, and if I had confirmed that he did, indeed, seem to be following me, I might try to get the jump on him, and kick his ass to high heaven, so that he can't get the jump on me.

That is perfectly reasonable.

That is why neighborhood cops like Zimmerman are trouble. He has the right to do what he does, I guess. But, it certainly is a stupid thing to do.

All that being said, the media is playing this in a completely insane manner. And Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton have all but declared a race war. I, as a white person, am offended. The behavior is anti-white institutional racism. It is disgusting, and I, for one, have had enough.

Christine said...

I have read that Zimmerman was going back to his truck when Martin jumped on him.

Great post AA! I agree, we need more information before making a judgement on this.

But, the left has all the information they need.

No matter what else comes out, in their eyes, Zimmerman is guilty and should be hanged.

Even if they have to do it.

Alexander Münch said...


AA,

What do you mean - "more or less free... "?
Give me a hint Via my "Chatango".

midnight rider said...

Well, too complicate the media and race baiters lives, it appears Zimmerman was a registered DEMOCRAT

Wonder how this will change the narrative?

Christine said...

If Zimmerman lives long enough, I hope he becomes an ExDemocrat like me.

Hopefully he is learning now, how they eat their young.

Anonymous said...

the address that weasil spike lee tweeted is inhabited by an 80 year old couple, forever endangering thier lives.

Anonymous said...

Its easy enough to understand that a 17 year old may forget to use his cell phone to report a mysterious pursuer and choose to lay ambush. It doesn't mean that anyone "deserved" to die. But it is damn dissapointing to learn that Pastorius' years lead him to a similar lack of judgement in regards to what kind of curb stomping George Zimmerman is presumed to have "deserved."

maccus germanis

Pastorius said...

Maccus,
This is not like you, to make an emotional argument like that.

A "curb stomping" is a murder.

I said, what man would allow another man to pursue him in the night? Wouldn't you get the jump on your potential attacker and kick his ass?

Given the evidence we have so far, it seems to me reasonable that Trayvon may have chosen to get the jump on Zimmerman.

Wouldn't you get the jump on a guy who was following you around in the dark, taking a turn at every turn you take a turn at?

Pastorius said...

This is what we know; Trayvon turned around, punched Zimmerman in the face and then pounded his head into the ground.

That sounds like a good way for a unarmed man (and one who is not trained in police tactics) to subdue a potential attacker.

Does it not?

Anonymous said...

Past.

Trayvon pounded George Zimmerman's head into concrete pavement. -hence the curb stomping reference- Though in actual technique, I must admit that Trayvon does not seem to have used his foot. He did this after sucessfully giving the older more pudgy pursuer the slip. This is clear in George Zimmerman's 911 call. Furthermore, the uderstanding that I may have for a young kid ambushing a pursuer does not mean that a neighborhood watchman "deserves" to be beaten. Just as believing that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in order to prevent his own brains from leaking out of a hole opening in the back of his head doesn't mean that I rejoice in Trayvon's death.

maccus germanis

Pastorius said...

Successfully giving Zimmerman the slip?

This I did not know.

Certainly, I do not support Trayvon sneaking up on Zimmerman and attacking him.

So, if that is the case, then you can cancel out what I wrote.

I am only trying to be fair here.

Anonymous said...

You only argue with those that you presume to be reasonable. The rest are a waste of time.

MG

Anonymous said...

There are reports that said that Zimmerman was on his way back to his car when he was attacked. Don't know how factually accurate that is.

What we do know for a fact is that Zimmerman was beaten by Trayvon. And that Trayvon is dead because Zimmerman shot Trayvon.

Anonymous said...

at Pastorius
"Successfully giving Zimmerman the slip?" and not knowing this has not much to do with the fact that it is wrong to attack someone. Rare indeed are the circumstances condoning such behavior. It's good to see you have backed down from your previous statement but your reasoning is insufficient as to why. Regardless of a "slip" or not, attacking someone in a civilized culture is a good way to get shot.