Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?" De Niro asked at the top of his remarks at Locanda Verde restaurant as the crowd yelled “no.” “Too soon, right?," he said.

Sorry, folks, I find nothing offensive here. It might not be slap your knee funny but so what? This manufactured gotcha instant outrage shit is getting old. Let's worry abut something serious.

Then again, I wholeheartedly support Rush's original Sandra Fuck Fluke comments and second his call for her to release the sex tapes. We dirty old men ought to get SOMETHING for our money.

4 comments:

Pastorius said...

I think his joke was funny.

It was the opposite of racist. It was a poke at all the idiots who were questioning whether we were ready for a black President. That was a stupid question, and turning it around is, simply, a funny joke.

midnight rider said...

Yeah, so did I. Not a big guffaw but funny nevertheless.

The outrage is just another example of the pussification of America. And that started long before we ever elected a half black man to the presidency.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, I agree. It wasn't THAT funny. But, it was funny, and I think, in a way, it needed to be said. I'm glad he said it.

I don't recall any President, or First Lady, ever calling any entertainer out on any joke. Do you?

midnight rider said...

No, I can't recall any. But what do you expect from an apologizer in chief?