Monday, August 29, 2011

The Control Room
From Sonic Charmer:

I’ve wasted a lot of pixels and photons ladling thick, rich, savory sarcasm over the notion that a President of the United States (any President) sits at the center of some sort of ‘control room’, pulling levers and flipping switches and turning dials as he ‘runs the country’.

Well, I have to eat my words, don’t I? Apparently there is a control room, and here it is:






In this video, we see President Obama managing and controlling the Hurricane Irene (or as I like to call it, MEGASTORM 2011) from a conference table. It’s really very impressive. I really just had no idea. He’s even in a shirt (not a coat and tie), to illustrate how hard he’s working at this.

So, I stand corrected.

Keep up it, President Obama. Please be sure to get enough fluids & elecrolytes as you run the hurricane. We can’t afford to let you not be sitting at that table in the control room. The country needs you!

No comments: