Friday, December 30, 2011

Silencing Voices

About the shuttering of Bare Naked Islam for the second time in a month....

We are living in Orwellian times.

A few days ago, I posted THIS here at IBA: "The End Of Blogging?" SOPA looms. Its power to silence voices is nearly unlimited.

It's not farfetched to realize that our days of freedom of speech on the web are numbered.

Furthermore, I expect that 2012 will bring the closing of all sorts of web sites, particularly blogs that are controversial.

I won't quit speaking out until my blog is shuttered by the forces of silencing voices, until I'm in jail, or until I die. After all, I'm an old woman. I don't have much to lose, really. The life I loved ended when Mr. AOW had his crippling stroke in 2009.

But I doubt that younger folks feel the way that I do. And I can't blame them for feeling that way.

"Life goes on, even after the thrill of living is gone."

8 comments:

Winghunter said...

"The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government, are justly considered deeply, perhaps as finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people." --George Washington, First Inaugural Address, 1789

Unknown said...

The slippery slope is greased! CAIR is the new Mullah. Long live free speech!

Always On Watch said...

John,
We can expect CAIR to go after other sites too.

WC used to say that "when the bad thing happened," people would turn to the web and research for themselves. The record will be there.

I disagreed with WC. I said something like, "If the record is allowed to stand."

WC gasped.

Frankly, I've worried all along that the web sites which expose Islam for what it is will vanish into the ether, a la Orwell's warnings.

Anonymous said...

So why are fellow conservative bloggers, in protest, removing other wordpress bloggers from their Blog Roll? For those who cannot afford a blog, or do not have the skill set, this is the only way to post. Why would we turn on ourselves? I give up. We are as nuts as the rest if the world. OK world, remove me from your rolls as protest. It will really fix things.

Anonymous said...

Screw Wordpress and the horse they rode in on.....

you don't need them.

Having been an avid IBA and BNI contributor for years, I have always felt that the freedom to express outrage at Islam and its barbaric behaviour was HEALTHY to mind and soul...and it I could ever get my Wordpress ID to work with either blog, I would not have to sign in as "Anonymous".

As for removing other web sites, I DOUBLE-DOG DARE THEM TO REMOVE MINE!

here's the address:

www.crusaderammunition.com

with that said, what's this shit I am reading about Go-Daddy.com being removed from some super-huge planetary website???

Cal Frez

Silverfiddle said...

Anyone who thinks blooger won't cave in the same way is fooling themselves...

I'm hopeful that some civil liberties, free speech or libertarian groups will take up this cause.

Unknown said...

Came across the following:

Hate Internet censorship? #Moveyourdomain to @namecheap, @NS1net or @gandibar to protest #SOPA & donate $1-$2 to @eff https://eff.org/r.N9a

Anonymous said...

BNI is back on today---but for how long??

Silvrlady