From the American Thinker:
What Do Muslims (for Obama) Want?
Richard N. Weltz
For an inkling of what American Muslims would like to gain from the upcoming presidential election or otherwise through our political processes, one only need look at the "issues" presented at the Muslims-For-Obama Web site:
QUESTION: What are issues and recommendations for solutions that are unique to Muslim Americans?
1. A Law against harrassment [sic] of a Muslim women wearing Hijab at the Airport, DMV and other public arenas.
2. Institute a Law to allow Muslim Employees to take a hours off from work for Friday Jummah Prayer.
3. Make the 2 Eid's, recognized National Holidays on Calendars with days off from work.
4. Optional Halal meals in federal buildiings, [sic] public schools and colleges.
5. Provide prayer areas suitable for Salah and Jummah, in public and private facilities. (i.e. Malls, Airports, Universities and government buildings.)
6. Organize a Muslim American group to assist in recommendations for US foreign policy affecting majority Muslim countries.
Just about the only thing missing from this obnoxious wish list for special privilege is the grand enabler of them all: repeal of the First Amendment.
It is an obnoxious list, especially when you break it down and examine what each point means:
1) They loosely define "harrassment" of women who wear the Hijab as being that which happens at airports and the DMV, which are, of course, places where people are required to show their faces.
2) A law allowing Muslims to miss work for Friday prayers? No other religion gets to take hours off every week, so why should Muslims. Islam still only represents 1% of the American population. Christians don't ask for special hours to go to Mass. Instead, Christians have Mass and other services at various hours so that it can suit those who have to work. Additionally, it is Muslim law that Muslims are allowed to make up prayers when their prayers are interefered with by worldly concerns.
3) Make Eid a holiday? Once again, Muslims only represent 1% of the population. No, we should not make Eid a holiday. It's ridiculous enough that all the calendar companies began putting Muslim holidays on their calendar AS A REACTION TO 9/11. And, if you don't think it was a reaction to 9/11, then tell me why it is we started this after 9/11 and not before.
4) Optional halal meals especially for Muslims in schools and federal buildings? Once again, Muslims make up a very small percentage of the population. Should we also provide pig's blood to drink for the Satanists among us? I'm sure many people may think that is an obnoxious comparison, and it is, purposefully. But, the point is, at what percentage of population ought we start making legal changes to allow for various religious practices? And, do we want to encourage all religious practices by making laws? Islam calls for homosexuals and apostates to be put to death. Of course, we won't entertain the idea of honoring those ideas with a law. So, why would we entertain these other ideas?
5) Provide Muslim prayer areas in public places? No. Let them roll around on the floor in public if they want to do so. If I want to pray in public, I do so. No one has ever stopped me. I am a Christian. Christians have this habit of praying while holding hands in a circle. When I have done this in public, no one has complained. And, if they did, I really wouldn't care. If a security guard stopped us, I wouldn't complain. Why is it that Muslims complain all the time?
6) Organize a Muslim group to make recommendations for policy effecting Muslim nations? Fine, as long as it is a private organization.
They demand special treatment and call it civil rights, how they have corrupted the very term. Martin Luther King would be ashamed.
Your ignorance is only outshined by your prejudice.
You're really obviously wrong about Christians getting special hours off. The Western WEEKEND is organized around Christian holy days.
Its is amazing how uneducated some people can be... Have you ever heard of a Sunday? You whole calender in the USA is based around the christian holidays!
Ok, Then stay away.
Post a Comment