Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates warned North Korea on Saturday that the United States would not accept it as a nuclear weapons state and would consider any transfer of nuclear material to other countries or terrorist groups a “grave threat” to the United States and its allies.TECHNICALLY, A STATE OF WAR EXISTS BETWEEN SOUTH KOREA AND NORTH KOREA - BECAUSE NORTH KOREA HAS DECLARED THE 1953 ARMISTICE NULL AND VOID, AND SAID THEY WOULD ATTACK THE MOMENT THE SOUTH OR THE USA STOPS ANY NORTH KOREAN VESSEL.
“We will not stand idly by as North Korea builds the capability to wreak destruction on any target in the region — or on us,” ... North Korea, Mr. Gates said, had a choice: “To continue as a destitute, international pariah, or chart a new course.”
... “President Obama has offered an open hand to tyrannies that unclench their fists,” Mr. Gates said. “He is hopeful, but he is not naïve. Likewise, the United States and our allies are open to dialogue, but we will not bend to pressure or provocation.”
... Military officials traveling with Mr. Gates said the tough talk was aimed at increasing worldwide pressure on North Korea as well as reassuring allies in the region, particularly Japan and South Korea, that the United States was committed to their defense should North Korea make good on talk of war this week. On Wednesday, North Korea threatened military strikes against the South.
- THIS IS CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS REDUX, WITH CHINA PULLING THE STRINGS THIS TIME AND TESTING OBAMA THE WAY RTHE USSR TESTED A YOUNG AND UNPREPARED JFK.
- AND JFK WAS WAY MORE PREPARED THAN OBAMA.
- THE ENTIRE AXIS OF EVIL - INCLUDING RUSSIA AND IRAN - BENEFITS FROM A MAJOR CRISIS HERE, TOO.
- THE FREE WORLD WILL SUFFER - UNLESS WE TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS.
- BUSH HAD THE BALLS TO DO WHAT HE HAD TO DO.
- MY GUESS IS OBAMA DOESN'T.
I think he has the gonads to do something, just not the interest.
He won't mind coming down HARD on those he really feels are threats.
Good point, Ro. I hadn't thought of it like that.
Post a Comment