Sunday, October 26, 2014

Leslie Gore anticipates the FEC and FCC by half a century

The frightening part of all this is the the tools to even THINK about implementation of this outrage EXIST
In a surprise move late Friday, a key Democrat on the Federal Election Commission called for burdensome new rules on Internet-based campaigning, prompting the Republican chairman to warn that Democrats want to regulate online political sites and even news media like the Drudge Report.
Democratic FEC Vice Chair Ann M. Ravel announced plans to begin the process to win regulations on Internet-based campaigns and videos, currently free from most of the FEC’s rules. “A reexamination of the commission’s approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long over due,” she said.
The power play followed a deadlocked 3-3 vote on whether an Ohio anti-President Obama Internet campaign featuring two videos violated FEC rules when it did not report its finances or offer a disclosure on the ads. The ads were placed for free on YouTube and were not paid advertising.
So if I make a snarky video and put it RIGHT HERE on this blog, and I can dish out a blog, BTW from MY VERY OWN SERVER here in TWC land, which I own, in MY HOUSE .. the FEC can then claim I have violated election laws?
Be VEWWWY VEWWWY careful boychicks, and maidelas.
Any person here can say something, create something and have it go VIRAL. It goes viral because folks LIKE it for some indescribable combination of reasons. So if I put a sign on my kitty which says ‘McCain is a jerk’ or ‘Cruz makes my hair stand on end’ will you turn a blind eye when you suddenly notice ‘Monica’s boyfriend’s wife is a moron’, or ‘Elizabeth Warren secretly likes the name redskins’ and it goes viral on youtube?
HAT TIP Leslie Gore, 1963
You don’t own me
Don’t try to change me in any way
You don’t own me
Don’t tie me down ‘cause I’d never stay
I don’t tell you what to say
I don’t tell you what to do
So just let me be myself
That’s all I ask of you


If this is constitutional, IT IS OVER HERE.

We should notice the person who actually brought this up, AND their party because while this idiot should be collecting stray dogs in Elizabeth NJ, if others of a SINGLE PARTY further such an idea, THEY ARE A DANGER TO THE REPUBLIC.
No matter WHICH PARTY.

No comments: