'The actions I'm taking are not only lawful, they're the kinds of actions taken by every single Republican President and every single Democratic President for the past half century. And to those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.'I want to work with both parties to pass a more permanent legislative solution. And the day I sign that bill into law, the actions I take will no longer be necessary. Meanwhile, don't let a disagreement over a single issue be a dealbreaker on every issue. That’s not how our democracy works, and Congress certainly shouldn’t shut down our government again just because we disagree on this. Americans are tired of gridlock. What our country needs from us right now is a common purpose – a higher purpose.
Here are the real problems in what you are doing, Obama:
- That idea that you are doing what D and R presidents have done, IS A LIE. Previous presidents made incremental changes to laws JUST PASSED by bipartisan congressional majorities. NO PRESIDENT has decided to ALLOW 5 MILLION CRIMINALS TO REMAIN AT HIS OWN WHIM FOR ANY INTERNAL REASON.
- The idea that border security will increase, is a lie. NO ONE believes you but a few sycophants and those dedicated to support you for ideological or racial reasons
- Your actions are CLEAR defiance to a LARGE majority of American who voted 15 days ago
- Your actions are more geared toward both a provocation of the newly elected R majorities, and insuring that your personal power is slowly accumulated for future actions
- Your actions in defiance of the RECENTLY VOTED will of the people give STRENGTH to the most paranoid interpretations of your desires and thoughts of this nation and governance
- Your actions reflect a complete disregard of the primary component of governance in republican democracies..MEANINGFUL and therefore PAINFUL compromise. That means YOU and YOUR attitude have shown that the next 2 years’ course is set in your mind, and set as a political calculation, IGNORING both the will of the people just expressed, and the realization of national service to that will on YOUR PART.
- Your actions, AS ALWAYS have not been unifying, but, AS ALWAYS calculated to divide us, polarize us and create internal enmities which you gauge to be of political advantage TO YOUR IDEOLOGICAL ends, not necessarily even to democrats
I look forward to a legal immigrant of any background, SUING you in court when one of them loses or does not get a job because of it being filled by one of the people you have illegally allowed to remain, and that will be your carved in granite legacy on this issue.
Republicans, be MEASURED and FIRM. Your response should include a list of FAILURES to cooperate and compromise by the D’s and Obama, and the promise to pass laws one after the other and leave their signatures or the END OF PROGRESS for the USA at Obama’s door. INCLUDING the bill he says he wants for immigration, which he will veto. Ted Cruz, STFU. No sound bytes for the biased media to twist around.
It should also include a VERY STRONG warning over Iran, and any attempt to subvert the Constitution.
Post a Comment