Sunday, May 29, 2016

Let you in on an 8 yr secret even Pasto doesn't know...

In more lucrative times a favorite pastime was, like so many others, to gather at the pub with a pile of friends now and again. A REAL pub. Not some Appleby/Ruby Tuesday/TGIFridays chain. Bourbon and beer and burgers, thick and juicy dribbling down the chin making the fingers so slippery you could barely grab the fries not the skinny McDonald's Burger Queen crap. Real burgers.

And because I am musician and passionate about music I always kept the jukebox as lubed as myself.

Those days are now long past. But you all are my friends. So when I post these videos to me it is as if we are all gathering at the pub after a rough day and I'm dropping another nickel in the jukebox. I'd buy you all a beer or a bourbon if I could.

And if it pisses off the jihadis well so much the better.

Chicago with the Phenomenal Terry Kath...


11 comments:

Nicoenarg said...

Awesome post, thanks for sharing!

Always On Watch said...

I'll take bourbon, thank you.

midnight rider said...

Knob Creek it is then ;)

Thanks Nico.

Pastorius said...

Love it.

My Bourbon days are behind me, but I still dig the tunes.

thelastenglishprince said...

I would line up for a white Zinfadel. Yeah, a drink for a lightweight.

Thank you for posting the videos.

thelastenglishprince said...

Seeing the cowbell reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd0OjjCz88

* One of my favorite SNL skits!

christian soldier said...

reminds me of how much I miss Glenn Frey-(classmate at Royal Oak Dondero- we were all classically trained - some kids did not like art and music - it was required back then) when classically trained- one can succeed w/ any 'style' --
Glenn's voice enriched those who heard him--

Let's demand that we bring back classical art and music to the schools!!!
C-CS

Kid said...

One of my favorites as was most of that CTA's first album.

Cheers !

Kid said...

PS - Dug the Spencer Davis Original which is also on youtube as a live performance.

Epaminondas said...

Just don't stop.

Your Pal,
George Dickel

Are you with me?

And you know, when your mouth's a gettin' dry, you're really high

Straight and hard

midnight rider said...

Bartender... come down here...