Muslims for a Safe America conducted a survey at the Islamic Society of North America’s 43rd Annual Convention in Chicago from September 1, 2006 to September 4, 2006. 307 Muslims who are American citizens participated in the survey at the Muslims for a Safe America booth at ISNA.
They were asked many questions to better understand the views of American Muslims on issues relating to Islam, Muslims, and American national security. The answers to one of the first few questions proves the two question test that Muslims should be asked about loyalty to their host country.
- Which nation do you owe allegiance to? The country you live in of the ummah?
- Do you adhere to the Sharia Law or the secular laws of your country?
If their answers are:
- The ummah
You are talking to a real Muslim. If other than those answers, ask them why they consider themselves true Muslims? Here are the responses to the first few questions in the Muslims for a Safe America survey.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen? (If no, then don’t fill out survey.)
2. Do you consider yourself to be a Muslim first, an American first, or both equally?
MUSLIM FIRST 214
AMERICAN FIRST 4
BOTH EQUALLY 86
There you go. A Muslim-American, not an American Muslim. Then this.
3. Is the American government at war with the religion of Islam?
No surprise here based on the response in question #2.
4. Can a good Muslim be a good American?
A perfect example of Taqiyya at work.