“It isn't a "war on terror" any more than the European theater of WWII was a "war on the blitzkrieg" or the recent Hezbollah-Israeli debacle was a "war on incoming missiles." The war is against Islamic totalitarianism.” So said blogger Sixth Column.
I could not have said it any better.
And the Islamo-fascists are winning, not because they are more advanced or stronger but because we are fighting his kind of war. An asynchronous war – a war he can win if we don’t wake up to that fact and stop hobbling ourselves. The military front of this war is clear and easy to see but the support structure that supports it – the ‘Support Pyramid’ – is not taken into account and confronted to defeat the enemy. This Support Pyramid is only one of the ways that the Islamists are using to fight this war.
As stated in a previous blog, the Support Pyramid consists of:
- The base pyramid layer is "Public Opinion" that provides a fertile layer for fomenting sympathy (this layer relies upon tear-jerking BBC/CNN broadcasts and the Internet). This layer includes the ‘Useful Idiots’ who appease and apologize for the enemy- or are downright anti-American traitors like Michael Moore.
- The next layer is "Passive Support," or "Neutral," which means that out of conviction or fear, one who is aware of terrorists or their activities will say or do nothing. Muslim moderates who out of fear for their lives are intimidated into silence.
- The third layer is "Active Support" (which Hezbollah vigorously practices in the United States and other open societies), and involves fundraising, providing safe houses, disinformation, seeding confusion like organizations like CAIR. Also those nations that lend financial support and safe-havens for planning and training.
- The next layer is the "Operatives"--guys like Mohammed Atta, who perform missions, and "Leadership," which is the top layer.
We are dealing with a very patient enemy. We see this war lasting 50 years. They see it as a continuation of a war that started hundreds of years ago. Ahmadinejad, speaks of a "historic war".
"It dates backs hundreds of years. Sometimes Islam has advanced. Sometimes nobody was winning. The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land"
Our enemy sees the march of Theocracy on the 100-Year-Plan while we look to the next election. Our short sightedness will guarantee defeat – or at best, the death of millions of innocent Americans.
A Hobson's Choice.
Paul Sperry, writing for FrontPage magazine knows #3 of the Support Pyramid very well. In his article he says that CAIR and other Muslim activists are steadily institutionalizing Islam at the local level, exploiting the very religious freedoms and tolerances they would ban.
He gives these examples.
- In North Seattle, Wash., a public pool agreed to set up a swim time for Muslim women in which men, even male lifeguards, are banned.
- In Hamtramck, Mich., officials amended a noise ordinance to let mosques broadcast calls to prayer over loudspeakers -- despite complaints that the Arabic chants, repeated five times a day, are a nuisance.
- In Irvington, N.J., public schools agreed to close for Muslim holidays, joining schools in Paterson and Trenton, as well as ones in Dearborn, Mich., that have recognized Islamic holy days.
- In Fairfax, Va., public schools agreed to produce local TV announcements in Arabic and Farsi.
- In San Francisco, a federal appeals court gave its blessing to Muslim role-playing exercises in California public schools, even though the pro-Islamic lessons -- written by Saudi-backed consultants -- appear designed to promote the religion rather than simply teach its history.
- In Kansas City, airport officials agreed to install special wash basins in restrooms for Muslim taxi drivers who complained they couldn't easily wash their feet before praying.
In the words of Baron Bodissey over ate the Gates of Vienna, We are dealing with a ‘cultural virus’. And that’s an apt description of Islamism.
“The advent of digital computers and the emergence of the internet have allowed the development of a generalized theory of viruses as invasive self-replicating structures within information systems… In many ways radical Islam acts as a virus on societal structures. Cultures are information systems that exist within a different substrate from those of biological cells or computer systems. The individual - with a cultural template stored in his brain - is the equivalent to a computer or a cell, and his environment is the complex network of communication by which humans exchange information.”
“Radical Islam is a very simple information structure, yet quite adept at invading its hosts. It travels through various media and finds a vulnerable receptor in the outer defenses of its host - a cultural template weakened by decades of political correctness and the behavioral sink of the modern popular media - and uses the host’s intellectual mechanisms to reproduce via proselytizing...If we are to overcome this infection we must restore our cultural immunological system...”
We need to confront the Support Pyramid on all levels if we are to turn to turn the tide of this this war in our favor and fight it on our terms.