Monday, May 27, 2013

What's Wrong With This Paragraph?

Lawdy, I's so happy the Liberal
White Folks is here 
to protect po' little ole me


From Mother Jones:
On Wednesday the Senate agriculture committee approved a GOP proposal that would amend the farm bill the Senate is considering to ban “convicted murderers, rapists, and pedophiles” from getting food stamps. On its surface, the idea sounds unobjectionable, but the measure would have “strongly racially discriminatory effects,” according to the non-partisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP).
I mean, how god damned stupid is Mother Jones?

reference = GOP Food Stamps Proposal Would Discriminate Against African-Americans 

4 comments:

Christine said...

Can't say I agree with this idea, racial aspects aside.



I understand most of the restrictions placed on convicted felons, but they have done their time.

Sorry.

Pastorius said...

Your point is well taken, Christine.

The racial thing is ridiculous, however.

In fact, it is outright RACIST.

Christine said...

I agree, the race card does not belong here.

Nicoenarg said...

As for whether convicts should or shouldn't get food stamps...meh, I have to agree with Christine, they have done their time according to the law.

I can't stand the whole idea of food stamps altogether...but that is a different discussion.