Saturday, August 24, 2013


Gunmen Kill Senior Criminal Investigator in Libya




The official said gunmen in a car shot and killed police Col. Mostafa Oukeila on Friday.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to journalists.
The colonel's killing came after clashes erupted Thursday night between armed groups in Benghazi's western suburb of Abu Surra. The fighting killed one person and wounded others.
Benghazi has been hit by a wave of targeted killings in recent days. Victims have included political activists, judges and members of security agencies. Security agencies remain unable to secureLibya, which is awash in heavy weaponry and militias following its 2011 civil war

3 comments:

Charles Martel said...

This is terrible, but good in the sense that keeps Benghazi in the news.

Totally unrelated. I just posted the following in the Comcast fb page:

"Comcast has been my cable and Internet service provider for many years. But should Comcast not drop Al Jazzera within a month, I intend to switch to AT&T, and give them my support by making them my full service provider.

I see here a lot of dissatisfied customers. Switch to AT&T, get better service, and feel good about yourself for not supporting turncoats."

If you are Comcast customers, I hope you do the same if you not already did.

Anonymous said...

I got rid of cable altogether 5 years ago. Haven't missed it at all.

Pastorius said...

I don't use Comcast. It's internet is too slow.